Raspberry Cocoa Tiramisu
Write a review
- 1 cup seedless Terra Verde Foods Raspberry Cocoa Preserves
- 6 tablespoons Grand Marnier, divided
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 48 soft ladyfingers (2 3-ounce packages) or 40 dry Italian ladyfingers (2 packages)
- 3 baskets fresh raspberries (1/2 dry pint, about 3-3/4 cups total)
- Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Stir together the jam and 4 tablespoons of the Grand Marnier in a small bowl to blend.
- Stir together the mascarpone and remaining 2 tablespoons of Grand Marnier in a large bowl to blend.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream, granulated sugar and vanilla in another large bowl until soft peaks form. Using a large rubber spatula, stir a fourth of the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture. Fold the remaining whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
- Line the bottom of a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish or other decorative serving dish with a third of the ladyfingers. Spread a third of the jam mixture over the ladyfingers. Spread a third of the mascarpone mixture over the jam mixture, then cover with a third of the fresh raspberries. Repeat layering with the remaining ladyfingers, jam mixture, mascarpone mixture and raspberries.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Dust the confectioners' sugar over the top and serve.
- This version is a lot lighter and more beautiful than the traditional Tiramisu. The great thing about this dessert is that you actually have to prepare it ahead of time. The longer it sits, the better it tastes.
Terra Verde Foods http://terraverdefoods.net/