Quick Spoon Bread
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup white cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat margarine in 1-quart casserole in oven until melted.
- Beat egg in medium bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into hot casserole.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve hot and with butter and your favorite Terra Verde Farms Preserves.
- Spoon bread is actually a porridge that is baked until light and fluffy.
- Serve with your favorite Terra Verde Farms Preserve or Spicy Cranberry-Cherry Relish
Terra Verde Foods http://terraverdefoods.net/