Plum Chipolte™ Chicken with Creamy Spinach
Write a review
- 1 Cup Terra Verde Foods Plum Chipotle ™
- 1 Cup Mexican Crema or crème fraîche
- 4 medium-large (about 1 1/3 pounds) skinless and boneless chicken-breast halves
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 6 cups (about 10 ounces) spinach, stems removed, well rinsed
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Combine Terra Verde Foods Plum Chipotle™ and 2 tablespoons Mexican Crema a small bowl.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl, and pour the Chipotle mixture over it, making sure to coat the chicken well. Cover with plastic wrap, and transfer dish to the refrigerator. Marinate the chicken 2 to 3 hours turning occasionally.
- Heat the broiler. Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish (preferably earthenware) just large enough to accommodate them. Place the baking dish 6 inches away from the broiler, and broil chicken until deep brown in color, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove dish from broiler. Turn chicken breasts, and drizzle remaining cream around the chicken. Return the dish to the broiler, and broil until chicken is cooked through (it will be a deep golden brown and firm when you lightly press it with your finger, 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a warm platter, and transfer platter to a warm oven. Scrape the cream mixture from the baking dish into a medium-large saucepan. Add the chicken stock and the spinach. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat, and cook, stirring constantly, until the spinach has wilted and the cream has reduced and thickened, about 3 minutes. Season mixture with salt, and serve creamy spinach with the broiled chicken.
Terra Verde Foods http://terraverdefoods.net/