Meringue - Sandi's Favorite
Write a review
- 5 egg whites, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees. Place the egg white in a bowl and beat until the whites are foamy. Add the cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar and continue beating until the whites are stiff and very glossy. Do not over beat or the meringue will be dry. Pile the meringue on the filling, mounding it in the center and spreading it out to the edge of the crust to seal well.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 15 minutes, or until the meringue is golden. Let cool before serving.
Terra Verde Foods http://terraverdefoods.net/