Duck Breast with Blackberry Lavender Sauce™
Write a review
- 4 5- to 6-ounce duck breast halves with skin
- 2 Tbs. Butter
- 1 Cup Chicken or Duck Stock
- 3/4 Cup Terra Verde Foods Blackberry Lavender Sauce™
- Terra Verde Foods Lavender Pepper™
- Blackberries for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Trim any excess fat from duck breasts. Cut three 4-inch-long by 1/16-inch-deep lengthwise slits in skin (not meat) of duck. Season duck with Lavender Pepper. Heat heavy large ovenproof skillet over high heat until hot. Add duck, skin side down, and sear until brown, about 5 minutes. Turn over; cook 3 minutes. Transfer skillet to oven; continue cooking to desired doneness, about 3 minutes for medium, move breast to warm plate. Pour off excess fat, deglaze pan juices with stock add to sauce pan along with Blackberry Lavender Sauce, bring sauce to simmer reduce by 1/3, reduce heat to low heat. Add tablespoon butter and whisk just until melted.
- Spoon sauce onto plates. Slice duck and place atop sauce. Garnish with additional berries, if desired, and serve.
Terra Verde Foods http://terraverdefoods.net/