Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Spicy O’s™ Mint Sauce
Write a review
- 1 5-7 # Leg of Lamb – Butterflied
- 4 Cloves Garlic fresh Minced
- 1 Tbs. Fresh Rosemary Minced
- ½ Cup Creole Mustard
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce
- ½ Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbs. Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Spicy O’s Mint Sauce
- 1 Cup Terra Verde Foods Spicy O’s™
- 1 Tbs. Chopped Fresh Mint
- In a small bowl, combine Garlic, Rosemary, Mustard, Olive Oil, Soy Sauce, Red Pepper Flakes and Balsamic Vinegar. Season both sides of lamb with salt & pepper, spread marinade evenly on both sides of lamb. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in refrigerator for 2-3 hours or overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Chop the Spicy O’s™ and mint together mix in a small bowl some of the juice from the Spicy O’s or add a ¼ cup of Terra Verde Foods Capsaicin Sensation™.
- Prepare grill. If you are using a charcoal grill, prepare the coals so that they are double layered on one side of the grill, and single layered on the other side of the grill (this is referred to as "banked" grilling). If you are using a gas grill, heat the grill on high on all burners to start. After the initial browning you will reduce the heat.
- Place the lamb, fat side down, on the grill on the hot side (double layer charcoals). If using a charcoal grill keep a squirt bottle of water handy to control the flames if needed. Sear one side for 4 minutes, then flip the lamb over to sear the other side for another 4 minutes. Then, if you are using a charcoal grill, move the roast to the less hot side of the grill. If you are using a gas grill, lower the heat to low. You will want to maintain a temperature of 300-350°F. Cover the grill and let cook for an additional 35-45 minutes (depending on how thick, and how many pounds the roast is), until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the roast registers 130°F (for medium rare).
- Transfer Lamb to a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Cut across the grain, 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick slices. Pour meat juices over the slices. Serve with Spicy O’s™ Mint Sauce.
Terra Verde Foods http://terraverdefoods.net/