Baked Apples with Peach Pear Apple Ginger Hot Sauce
Write a review
- 3 Tbs. unsalted butter, softened
- 3 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 2 Tsp. ground ginger
- Kosher salt 4 Gala apples, cored
- 1 Btl. Terra Verde Foods Peach Pear Apple Ginger Hot Sauce
- 2 Tbs. Dark-brown sugar
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Pint vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the butter, granulated sugar, ground ginger and 1/2 Tsp. of salt and mash with a fork to a smooth paste.
- Divide the butter mixture between the cored apples, spooning it into the core of each. Place the apples upright in a baking pan and cover with foil. Transfer to the oven and bake until soft when pierced, about 1 hour.
- Place TVF Peach Pear Apple Ginger Hot Sauce in a medium saucepan with Brown Sugar and water, place over high heat cook, stirring constantly, until thick and pale brown, about 7 minutes. Strain through a sieve into a shallow bowl and refrigerate until cold, about 40 minutes.
- To serve, ladle the sauce onto 4 plates. Place the warm baked apples on the sauce and drizzle with their juices. Serve with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Terra Verde Foods http://terraverdefoods.net/